The key to the health of the ship and its machinery lies to the effective predictive maintenance programmes that are in place, which ultimately will help increase reliability and reduce cost of ownership. As part of such routine programmes the monitoring of the vessels lubricants will assist Operators and Maintenance workers in making timely decisions relating to the servicing of equipment, maximising the lifespan of engine parts & machinery.
An effective Oil Condition Monitoring Programme can:
- Reduce Cost
- Increase component lifespan
- Extend operational availability
- Reduce maintenance
- Improve safety
Our Approach and Process
- Comprehensive VPS Oil Condition Monotoring sample kit with easy to follow instructions for the harvesting and distribution of lubricant samples to our laboratories.
- Rapid transfer of the samples to one of two dedicated OCM laboratories for analysis.
- Following CIMAC guidelines and international test methods, our suite of OCM analysis methods offer vital trend information from engine oils, hydraulic oils, stern tubes and cylinder oils.
- VPS has a technical team dedicated in Oil condition monitoring analysis with expertise in marine engineering and lubricants to interpret the analysis results and provide custom made comments in the reports.
- The condition of the oil or equipment will be indicated with a simple but comprehensive colour coding system.
- VPS Report will include:
- Sample and machinery details
- Test results
- Trends of the past three reports
- Graphical trends
- Tribology comments from technical experts